HMCPL has partnered with T-Mobile to offer our patrons a small, hand-held device that will create a personal Wi-Fi bubble with unlimited Internet access that we call Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- Each hotspot can have up to 15 mobile devices -- iPads, Kindles, laptops, even Playstations or Nintendo consoles - connected simultaneously. They connect to the Internet via T-Mobile's 4G LTE network, allowing download speeds potentially over 30 megabits per second (Mbps)
- As of Oct 1, 2022 there are no fees, fines, or late penalty fees for hotspots
- Checkout period is two weeks or three weeks if you are a Friends of the Library member
- Up to 4 automatic renewals
- Branch holds may be placed and suspended (read instructions and see a video)
- No refunds on previously paid fees or fines
- The units will be in a box with a charging cable, power adapter, and the hotspot. All items must be returned
- If keep past the item due date the hotspot will be turned off at tMobile the day after the due date and the lost item replacement fee of $57.40 will be charged
- The replacement fee is removed once the item is returned
- Patrons are responsible for verifying the network coverage and for charging the device.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org