HMCPL has partnered with T-Mobile to offer our patrons a small, hand-held device that will create a personal Wi-Fi bubble with unlimited Internet access that we call Wi-Fi Hotspots.
- Each hotspot can have up to 15 mobile devices -- iPads, Kindles, laptops, even Playstations or Nintendo consoles - connected simultaneously. They connect to the Internet via T-Mobile's 4G LTE network, allowing download speeds potentially over 30 megabits per second (Mbps).
- As of Oct 1, 2022, there are no fees, fines, or late penalty fees for hotspots.
- Checkout period is two weeks or three weeks if you are a Friends of the Library member.
- Hotspots may have up to 4 automatic renewals unless the item is on hold by another patron.
- Hotspots may be returned at any Library branch location.
- System-wide hotspot holds must be placed by an adult (non-juvenile patron) and cannot be an item level (item-specific) hold.
- Patrons can have one hotspot hold at a time.
- Due to demand vs supply, we cannot guarantee that your hold will be available when you need it and do not recommend that you use our hotspot service as your sole internet service provider.
- No refunds will be provided for previously paid fees or fines.
- The units will be in a box with a charging cable, power adapter, and the hotspot. All items must be returned or placement fees will be applied.
- If kept past the item's due date, the hotspot will be turned off at T-Mobile the day after the due date and the lost item replacement fee of $57.40 will be charged. The replacement fee is removed once the item is returned.
- Patrons are responsible for verifying the network coverage and for charging the device.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org